Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Good Governance - Key to Club Management Success

Fellow Members of the Cricket Club of India

Mandating an entry into a board room to the nicest of people, by itself, is not enough. While managing assets and operations for:

• A Membership strength of 9000 (+ families) and growing rapidly
• Staff strength of 350-500 (own and outsourced)
• Numerous Committees and Sub-Committees requiring cohesive working
• Numerous vendors, supplying products & services to the club
• Financial Assets of 390 cr +
• Properties of CCI and their maintenance & development
• Sports Activities, sought to be made more meaningful
• Entertainment & F&B related activities and events

the CCI needs good Governance, deeply embodied into the management of our club, processes, systems, HR & IT for sound decision making and eventual member satisfaction.

With the Organizational Development Committee set up last year in November 2011, with me as its Hon. Secretary, in 9 months we have had 14 meetings and numerous hours of legwork dedicated to our Organization. I thank the Executive Committee collectively, for heeding to my request and its indulgence towards professionalizing our club. I thank the President and Vice President for their regular participation. I thank my Committee members for their sustained involvement. I thank the staff & vendors for their co-operation. The Office of The Secretary is appreciated as the pillar & center of Organizational Development at the club.

I now appeal to my fellow members for their support to this effort at the forthcoming Executive Committee Elections on September 21st (4.30pm to 8pm) and 22nd (8am to 6pm), where I am standing for the post of Executive Committee member.

My Know Your Candidate address to our fellow members is at this link and you may feel free to write to me using the online form at http://bit.ly/rdb_feedback which page has other informative links on the subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment